Family Memories

8/23/2006

The Navy

submitted by Carol

Everytime I see news clips from WW II returning service men being greeted by their families I remember when Dad came home. He left for the Navy when I was 4 and was gone for 2 years, I didn't really remember he returned so when we went to pick him up, he had to buy me a doll and a box of candy before I would go near him.

As big as he was that's how much of a softy he was, he was a traveling salesman and was on the road all week. When I was bad mom would say, "Wait till your dad gets home", and when he did she would tell him how bad I was and he would take me into the other room and close the door and I would sit on his lap and he would tell me about his week. When we finished we went back out and he would tell mom he scolded and punished me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home