Family Memories

12/22/2006

Sweet Hearts

submitted by Jean

Dad died in August, 1997, just a few days before their 70th wedding anniversary.
But he wasn't always a good boy!

I remember sitting in the living room on Kingsbury, the front door opens and a hat comes sailing in. After a few moments Dad comes in.
I said "What?" and he said when I left for work this morning, Mom was mad at me,
so if the hat came back at me, she was still mad!!!

He was the "Life of the Party! He always drank too much,
and often would go on the stage and play drums,much to the consternation of shy Cele.

One year on Valentines Day Dad brought Mom a giant purple box of cheap chocolates. He had forgotten to get something, so on the way home from downtown, he stopped at a drug store and that was all they had left.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home