Family Memories

8/23/2006

Grandma Cele

submitted by Mark

Grandma was the most orderly person I have ever known. She ate at the same time everyday. Their apartments were always spotless. I have her and Zazy's chairs and they still look brand new. I remember when we were cleaning out their last place and it was the first time I had ever seen the couch without a plastic cover. I had no idea it was green! Also, she labeled everything. I have a couple of decks of playing cards that have her mailing label on them.
She also enjoyed working. After she retired from her full time job, she worked at my mom's store and Haddasah up until she got sick.
Her answer to any question of why we did something on a religious level was "that is just the way we do it because that is how we always have."
I spent a lot of time with her towards the end and I really got to see how funny she was and how with it she really was.
The maddest I ever saw her at Zazy was the night he cut my head on the gold table in the living room when we were wrestling and I bled on the carpet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home